Thursday, January 25, 2007

New York: The "What are you lookin' at!" state

Well, if anything this episode had attitude.

Ian came in with a chinchilla fur and pronounced he was wearing it to show the judges what he'd look like rich. Tacky, tacky, tacky. As we can see with the judges, money doesn't buy you taste. And because he is a tax paying citizen, he's better than the judges or something like that. Whatever!!

I felt sorry for Sarah who only wanted to impress her father. But really is lying the way to do that ? Good voice though. Glad she made it as she may need to get away from daddy.

Amanda and her friend were good but we'll see how close they stay when in Hollywood.
Harmonica man Clifton singing ZZ Top was had no rhythm or style.

16 year old Henri was a cutie and I think Paula would have had him there and then had it not been for the cameras.
And what was with the Dale Evans wannabe. The outfit was awful and then her rant about not knowing how to sing but that should keep her from being an American Idol. Hello???? It was a singing audition.
Antonio, Frank Sinatra has more feeling and he's 6 feet under.
My favorite was Nicholas. His voice was rich and had feeling.
The last entry for the day Julie/Isadora, brocade cowboy hat wearing(was that the theme for the day) jewelry jangling mess of a "I don't know why I'm here but okay I'll play along" audition was just strange. Her helter skelter eyes were the first clue that she wasn't all there. It just went downhill from there. Glad she was the last for the day. I was worn out.
I did enjoy the hussy fit Paula had with Simon. I thought for a minute she was going to slug him. Too bad she didn't.

Beam me up Scotty...or get me to the real competition.

No comments: