Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm holding my breath tonight

I missed AI last week, but luckily got to see the perfomances last night. We're down to five now, and my three boys are still in the running. Chris, Elliott and Taylor.

Paris & Katharine should both go. But, I fear America has a love affair with Katharine.

I suspect tonight might be goodbye for Paris, but it could be Elliott, which pains me greatly. I hereby vow to purchase any releases that Elliott puts out. If I was not able to save him by obsessive repeat-dial voting, I will do whatever I can to bolster his career. Face it - if you've made it this far on Idol, you're bascially already a c-list celebrity. You could do much worse for yourself in life. I mean, for God's sake, look at Kimberly Whatsherblondface from Season Two - she's still doing TV-Guide Channel AI coverage. I don't know how much that pays, but it's sure as hell more fun than, and almost inevitably pays more than, my crappy job where I bust my ass.

As I've said before, I really fear this competition will come down to Chris and Katharine. If that happens, it will be just like season one where it came down to one talent (Kelly) and one heartthrob (Justin) - except that this time the genders are reversed. Chris will be the talent, and Katharine will be the heartthrob. I can only cross my fingers that America will get it right and not let Katharine win.

That's why I want so badly for her to go now. I don't want it to come to that.

No comments: